Our Experienced Team Has Installed Thousands of Transformers and Kept Them In Service, Delivering The Reliable Power You Need
You’ve purchased a new transformer, but there’s SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED! TPS has the capability and equipment to completely assemble and install your transformers. We install transformer of all capacities ranging for 50KVA to 100MVA.TPS can also disassemble units that may need to be moved.
We can start with receiving inspection at the rail siding, port of entry, substation site or wherever the unit is located, and then assemble all parts that were removed for shipment to make the transformer operational. If the unit was shipped oil-filled and it is necessary to lower the oil level to install bushings or other parts, Waukesha® Service can get it done.
TPS oil tank trucks can be summoned to the site for oil storage or hauling, and we can bring in one of our many oil-processing rigs. Using your specifications, the transformer supplier’s specifications or ours, TPS can vacuum degasify and prepare new oil for installation, pull vacuum on the transformer and professionally complete the vacuum oil-filling process.
A wide range of tests can also be performed to verify that your transformer is ready for service:
- Omicron Power Factor Test of Windings
- Omicron Power Factor Test of Bushings
- Omicron Surge Arrester Test
- Core Resistance (Megger)
- TTR (Transformer Turns Ratio)
- Winding Insulation Resistance
- Winding Excitation
- Winding Resistance
- CT (Current Transformer) Ratio, Polarity and Saturation
- Operational Check of Controls
- Calibration of Gauges
- Thermal Scans
- Doble® Sweep Frequency Response Analysis
- Phase Relation
- Materials & Oil Testing:
- Oil General Chemistry
- DGA (Dissolved Gas Analysis)
- Furfural Analysis
- Particle Count
- Metals-in-Oil Analysis
- Degree of Polymerization
Your transformer is one of the most expensive and important components in your substation, and you can be confident that the skilled TPS team will assemble and install it right.
We handle any other sub station jobs that might be needed to ensure proper operation of your transformer like
- Extension of HV power 132KV/66KV/33KV/11KV (Underground and Overhead)
- Reticulation of LV power ie connection to end users
- Professional trunking, connection and termination of cables.