TPS possesses the special skills and experience required to move and/or relocate power transformers. Whether it’s a station upgrade, unit relocation due to increased load density and demand, transformer replacement or another need, Waukesha Service takes total responsibility for getting your valuable equipment from one location to another:
- Prepare Transformer for Shipment
- Remove and Transport Oil
- Disassemble Accessories / Parts
- Hire and Coordinate a Qualified Rigger and Heavy Hauler to Load and Move your Equipment by Truck, Rail or Barge
- Unload the Unit onto Foundation
- Reassemble All Parts Removed for Shipment
- Vacuum Process and Oil-Fill the Transformer
There are many instances where more than one move is required, such as a second unit or spare—you can be confident that TPS has the project management skills to coordinate and execute the entire project.
In addition to transformer hauling and installations, SPX Transformer Solutions has the equipment, experience and capability to complete other repairs and/or upgrades you may elect to perform while your older transformer is drained of oil such as insulation dryouts, bushing replacements, LTC repairs/upgrades, FR3 retrofill, etc.; combining services can minimize costs and transformer downtime.
For more information or assistance during normal business hours, call or e-mail TPS at the phone number above. You can also complete and submit our Service Project Inquiry form.